Percutaneous aortic valve replacement in Austria (Part II): Data analysis
Duration: Mai 2017 – November 2017
On behalf of the Federal States
Publication: LBI-HTA Project report No. 95b: http://eprints.hta.lbg.ac.at/1141/
Language: German (with English summary)
Aim of the project part 2:
The aim of the project is to show characteristics of patients treated with TAVI in Austria and to compare them with patients in published studies. For this aim, specific routine data to answer the following research questions is requested
- What are the characteristics of patients that were treated with TAVI (transapical or transvascular) shown by routine data (documentation of diagnoses and performances)?
- What are the characteristics of patients that were treated with surgical replacement of the aortic valve shown by routine data (documentation of diagnoses and performances)?
- How does the use of TAVI in Austria change over time?
- What is the regional variation in the use of TAVI in Austria?
- What is the regional variation in the percentage of TAVI compared to surgical replacement of the aortic valve in Austria?
From 2009 to date.
For the hospitalizations of patients undergone the MEL-performances
- 2009 to 2011: TAVI XN010
- 2012 to 2015: DB021
- 2016: DB 025 TAVI, transapical;
- 2016: DB 026 TAVI, transvascular
- DB 030, DB070, DB080, DB082, DB060 surgical replacement of the aortic valve
the following data on patient level is necessary:
- Hospital number
- Date of hospitalization
- Date of birth
- Date of discharge
- Reason for discharge